Celebrate the upcoming 2014 in full fashion in Barcelona, where the streets will be filled with people celebrating the New Year.
During this time of the year you could also enjoy the Christmas Shopping time in Barcelona that it is a unique, unforgettable experience. There are so many things to do and you can enjoy Christmas in lots of different ways in keeping with your own tastes and interests.
During the Christmas time, and especially in the 31st of December, there will be great activity in the city! Especially the 31st of December, will find a lot of activities to do during the afternoon and night, and it’s up to you where to celebrate it. From late in the evening until early in the morning you will have plenty of action and cava spontaneous shows around town!
In Catalonia and Spain, New Year’s Eve tends to be a time for family dinners, with most people emerging to party after midnight, but this year you could celebrate the entrance of the New Year, in a ceremony in the Maria Cristina Avenue, between Magic Fountains and Plaza España.
This ceremony will be placed in one of the most emblematic places of Barcelona with a ceremony with fireworks all this ceremony will be reported in Europe Press Barcelona Tourism, which is the organizer. The celebration will last approximately 45 minutes and will include the ”Man of the Millennium”, the figure of the iron frame of La Fura dels Braus, this figure was used to celebrate the coming of 2000.
As well, there is a secondary stage, and the Agbar Tower will live up to the occasion with a light show during the celebration.
Like restaurants, many bars and clubs have special conditions for New Years Eve. A few of them offer the party since before midnight, so you can have the countdown already partying, and at others you have the party only after midnight. Here is the list of some of the best and wellknown places of Barcelona:
- Poble Espanyol –it’s one of the biggest parties in the city. Poble Espanyol is an open-air museum at Montjuic. The place in amazing and the party crazy, it’s a huge area with two different tents. Starts at 22h30 and goes all through the night. The price is: 35 euros – includes 5 drinks.
- Razzmatazz– It’s one of the most famous discos in Barcelona. You will find 5 rooms in one club and they’ll be all open for New Years Eve; Rock n’ Roll, Electro, Indie-Rock, Dubstep… you can find anything at Razzmatazz! Dress code mode off! The price: 45 euros in advance – includes 2 drinks, t-shirt, grapes and champagne.
- Opium Mar – It’s perfect for you if you’re looking for a more fancy party, with international people and tourist. The most famous beach clubs of the city has its party also! Dress code mode on! The price: 50 euros – includes 1 drink.
- Harlem Jazz Club – For a more chill out party away from tourists and crowds, you’ve the Harlem Jazz Club. Amazing live Brazilian music and DJ until 6am. The price: 12 euros.
- Hotel W Eclipse Bar – The Eclipse Bar is at the 26th floor of the W Hotel. The view from there is magnificent! The place is like a lounge, don’t expect loud music like a club. The price: Normal: 100 euros / VIP: 600 for four – includes one bottle of Viueve Clicquot
- Want more? Sutton, Nitsa Club, Catwalk, Bling Bling, Nick Havanna all these clubs has New Years Eve Parties!
Traditionally, we take a glass of cava (similar to champagne) and 12 grapes representing 12 wishes. You must eat one for each chime of the clock, at midnight. It’s harder than you’d think, and tinned, pre-peeled versions are available. Be careful not to strangle!
Also it’s a tradition to wear red underwear for good luck in the coming year!
During the day, look out for L’Home dels Nassos, the man who has as many noses as days the year has left (it being the last day, the sly old fox has only one) who parades and throws sweets to the children.
We really hope we have given you some clues to celebrate the New Years Eve 2014 inBarcelona!